We currently operate a Returns policy based on a voucher system. Vouchers are allocated on a quarterly basis at the beginning of each quarter and must be used within the quarter issued (Jan-March, April-June, July-Sept & Oct-Dec) and is based on your agreed returns percentage of retail sales achieved in the previous quarter. However, there are strict rules to observe before this can occur. All returns will be credited to you at the average invoiced value of that ISBN over the previous 11 months.
E-returns, enables the authorisation of your overstock returns electronically and provides a simple and more efficient returns procedure online via Batch.co.uk and Bertline 301, with tracking facility on www.bertrams.com.
E-Returns caters for the complete overstock returns procedure, including:
- View your outstanding returns allowance on www.bertrams.com;
- Raise your initial returns request and receive automatic authorisation;
- Our provision of a returns authorisation number, which shall be valid for 30 days;
- Send despatch advice;
- Download returns labels from batch or print directly from Bertline 301;
- View and print credit notes from www.bertrams.com and Batch.co.uk.
To view our E-returns overstock facility guide please click here.
We will accept:
- Books that are in mint/resaleable condition that are on our current Stock database;
- Books that have been supplied by us to you and invoiced by us within the last 12 months only.
We will not accept:
- Books not supplied by us to you within the last 12 months. If our invoice date for the book is more than 12 months prior to the return request, the request shall be declined;
- Very old editions not in our current catalogue;
- Out of Print titles, which includes any books ordered via the ‘Bertrams any Book Service’;
- Firm Sale items;
- Books that have price or offer stickers on the cover;
- Books that are damaged or unsaleable;
- A book that, in line with IRI guidelines, has been published for less than 3 months.
If you have any queries relating to the above or are unable to process returns requests via E-Returns please contact our customer services team on:
Tel: 0871 803 6600
Int Tel: +44 1603 648495
Fax: 0871 803 6709
- For the return of old editions, authorisation must be obtained. A list of intended returns should be submitted to our Customer Services department;
- Please note that as with all returns any old editions must have been supplied by us;
- For an updated old editions list, please visit the Marketing Support page;
- Old editions must be returned to us within one month of the new edition being received by us, with the exception of those below. We will be unable to credit any old editions that arrive after this date;
- Any orders for these titles after these dates will be supplied as FIRM SALE;
- All annuals, calendars, diaries and Not Books product are all FIRM SALE;
What to do if you receive damaged, faulty books or shortages
Please contact our customer services team (contact details above) within seven days of delivery with the following details:
- Invoice number and date;
- ISBN, title and price of book;
- Cause of damage/fault.
Should you require a replacement copy, please re-order via your normal method.
Listed below are the basic rules for returning damaged or faulty goods:
Many publishers now require whole books rather than title pages to be returned for imperfect items. At the time of authorising your return we will advise whether the whole page or just the title page is required.
- Either the whole book or the title page only (in line with our instructions) must be returned;
- Damaged books MUST be reported within seven days of delivery and returned within 28 days.
- No credit will be given for books not supplied by us;
- We are able to supply replacement Dust Jackets within one month of the date of invoice subject to availability.
Any books returned by you that we reject either because they: are not returned within the validity period of the relevant returns authorisation number; or do not otherwise constitute returns that we will accept in accordance with this policy, may be rejected by us (at our discretion) and returned to you at your cost in accordance with our tariffs which can be found on our website.
Our address for returns is:
1 Broadland Business Park