Handy Hints & Tips
- We can now supply you with a custom Bertline report which will recover deleted slips for you
- Do not forget you can now automatically e-mail and SMS your customers when their books arrive in the shop
- When you do a Nielsen Bookdata online search (the blue n in title search) you may want to search for a title or author like 'Dostoevsky' but are not sure of the spelling. If you enter the beginning of the word then use * (hold down the shift key and 8 on your keyboard), so your keyword in the search field should be dost* you will get back the books that have words commencing with dost in the title or author
- When you do a Nielsen Bookdata online search (the blue n in title search) you may want to search for a title like 'It' but find you are getting thousands of results. If you surround your search by a pipe either side (found to the left of your Z key on your keyboard when holding down the shift key) you will only get back the books that match exactly rather than every book with it in the title. So your keywords in title field should look like this: |it| - Could be shortened to 'To get an exact match in your Title Search surround your Title with Pipes |.'
- Did you know Bertline can use your supplier invoices from Batch for Goods in?
- Loading lists of ISBN’s for ordering is easy in Bertline
- Ctrl+C will copy any cell you are currently highlighting in Bertline
- Ctrl+P will paste it into your web browser for searching