Bertrams currently operate a Returns policy based on a voucher system. Vouchers are allocated on a quarterly basis at the beginning of each quarter and must be used within the quarter issued (Jan-March, April-June, July-Sept & Oct-Dec) and is based on your agreed returns percentage of retail sales achieved in the previous quarter. However, there are strict rules to observe before this can occur. All returns will be credited to you at the average invoiced value of that ISBN over the previous 11 months.
E-returns, enables the authorisation of your overstock returns electronically and provides a simple and more efficient returns procedure online via Batch.co.uk and Bertline 301, with tracking facility on www.bertrams.com.
E-Returns caters for the complete overstock returns procedure, including:
- View your outstanding returns allowance on www.bertrams.com
- Raise your initial returns request and receive automatic authorisation
- Bertrams to provide authorisation number
- Send despatch advice
- Download returns labels from batch or print directly from Bertline 301
- View and print credit notes from www.bertrams.com and Batch.co.uk
To view our E-returns overstock facility guide please click here
We will accept:
- Books that are in mint/resaleable condition that are on Bertrams current Stock database
- Books that have been supplied by Bertrams only
We will not accept:
- Books not supplied by Bertrams
- Very old editions not in Bertrams current catalogue
- Out of Print titles
- Firm Sale items
- Books that have price or offer stickers on the cover
As with IRI guidelines a title needs to have been published for 3 months before it can be authorised for return
Any books received that do not comply with the above conditions will be returned to customers at their expense.
If you have any queries relating to the above or are unable to process returns requests via E-Returns please contact Bertrams Customer Services on:
Tel: 0871 803 6600
Fax: 0871 803 6709
- For the return of old editions, authorisation must be obtained. A list of intended returns should be submitted to our Customer Services department.
- Please note that as with all returns any old editions must have been supplied by Bertrams
- For an updated old editions list, please visit the Marketing Support page
- Old editions must arrive at Bertrams within one month of the new edition being received by us, with the exception of those below. We will be unable to credit any old editions that arrive after this date and unacceptable books will be returned to customers at their expense
- Any orders for these titles after these dates will be supplied as FIRM SALE
- All annuals, calendars, diaries and Not Books product are all FIRM SALE
What to do if you receive damaged, faulty books or shortages
Please contact Bertrams Customer Service department on 0871 803 6600 within seven days of delivery with the following details.
- Invoice number and date
- ISBN, title and price of book
- Cause of damage/fault
Should you require a replacement copy, please re-order via your normal method.
Listed below are the basic rules for returning damaged or faulty goods:
Many publishers now require whole books rather than title pages to be returned for imperfect items.
- Whole books are always required for any item over £20.00 retail
- Title pages or damaged whole books MUST be reported within seven days of delivery and returned within one month from the date of invoice. Please give a description of the damage and state the invoice number on which the book was supplied. After one month no claims for damage can be made. The addresses for the return of damaged goods are listed below
- In the case of faulty books caused by publisher errors, title pages or whole books may be sent to us with a description of the fault for up to one month after the invoice date. After that whole books will be required with a description of the fault and the invoice number on which the item was supplied
- All title pages must include the ISBN and/or copyright etc. Pages not containing this information will be returned with no credit. Credit will not be given for any title page that has been defaced
- The return of the whole item is required for damaged or faulty Pop-up books, Sound books, Audios, CDs, etc. If in doubt please contact Customer Services for further advice
- No credit will be given for books not supplied by Bertrams
- We are able to supply replacement Dust Jackets within one month of the date of invoice subject to availability